Westcroft is a ‘Good’ School
In its recent Ofsted inspection, Westcroft School was judged to be a ‘Good’ school.
Please find below the latest reports by Ofsted. If you would like hard copies, please contact the school who will be happy to assist. Below this section you can find a brief outline of the report which you can read to get an overview of our last inspection.
|Ofsted – short inspection||September 2018||Download|
|Ofsted Report||February 2013||Download|
Summary of Key Findings for Parents and Pupils
- As a result of changes to the curriculum, teaching and assessment, made in response to pupils ’ changing needs, pupils make good progress. Across all year groups, pupils are making progress towards their targets.
- In lessons, relationships between staff and pupils are warm, caring and positive. Teachers clearly know pupils well and match tasks to their individual needs. Teachers also work closely with teaching assistants, and together they ensure that all pupils take part in learning activities at their own level.
- Leaders use a range of methods to improve attendance, including home visits, strict guidelines on medical appointments and early intervention when attendance dips. This has led to improved rates of attendance and a reduction in persistent absence over the last year.
- Leaders make sure that teachers focus on meeting disadvantaged pupils’ learning needs and this group of pupils are making steady progress towards their targets. However, leaders’ assessment of the barriers facing disadvantaged pupils is not well enough developed and their evaluation of the impact of this funding lacks detail.
- Some funds from the physical education (PE) and sport premium have been used in ways that do not meet the requirements of this funding. They have not been spent on activities that create sustainable improvements to PE and sports provision for pupils.
- Parents are very clear that they value the work of the school highly. For example, one parent told inspectors, ‘This school has changed my child’s life … it has changed mine too.’ Another parent commented, ‘My child has blossomed since attending Westcroft.’