Throughout the year, students in years 11, 13 and 14 will have access to impartial 1:1 careers advice (communication support will also be offered to those learners who require assistance).
We have commissioned the independent careers company Connexions for this purpose. Connexions is an independent careers company, which works with a wide variety of schools, colleges and other organisations. Please see the website below providing information about services offered.
The careers interview will be a short set of questions, allowing the Connexions advisor appreciate the learners’ interests, skills and qualities.
As part of the interview process:
- You will be able to talk about yourself and your future.
- You might talk about:
- your favourite classes;
- what else you are involved in at school;
- progress with your learning/qualifications;
- what you enjoy doing in your spare time;
- your strengths and skills;
- your choices after college;
- how to find out more about further learning and the world of work;
- your hopes and dreams for the future.
- You will make a Career Pathway Plan, This information is shared with parents and other professional at EHCP