Westcroft Outreach was established in 2005 to provide a free service for all local authority schools in Wolverhampton. It is now part of Wolverhampton Outreach Service with 4 other special schools in the city.
Schools who have pupils with additional needs can access the service through a simple and speedy referral procedure.
We offer a range of outreach support in schools that can be tailor made to suit the needs of the school, staff and pupils concerned. Below are some examples of the support and training packages we provide. These can be delivered to the whole school as CPD; to groups of staff or departments, as well as to individuals.
- Multisensory strategies for effective classroom access
- Using specific strategies to support individual pupil needs e.g. Precision teaching
- Social Use of Language Programme (SULP)
- Understanding areas of learning difficulty e.g. ASD; ADHD; dyslexia
- Teaching reading and engaging reluctant readers
- ICT packages to support pupils’ learning
- Effective use of adult classroom support
- Introducing and using the P scales
- Sensory Stories
- A multi-skills approach to learning
Contact: Judith Scrogham – email@example.com